1st AUGMENTED REALITY FLASH MOB:
BRING YOUR OWN VIRTUAL HUMAN STATUE
Dam Square, Amsterdam, saturday 24th of April 14:00h
Every square in every major city in the world knows the 'human statue' phenomenon. On the Dam square in Amsterdam we've the following set of characters: a Darth Vader, a superman, a gladiator and some undecipherable sort of gothic characters.
Even though they have nothing to do with the city of Amsterdam, people go and have their picture taken with them on and off.
But not on the 24th of April! Then, the majority of people will be photographing the empty space beside Darth. Because that space will be occupied by virtual 'human sculptures', brought alive by Augmented Reality applications on iPhones and Android devices!
JOIN the flashmob on saturday the 24th around 14h. Prepare your phone, install the right Augmented Reality software, choose your favorite character and contribute it to the pool of virtual 'human sculptures' on the Dam square.
Above: sketch / below: actual flashmob
PROCEDURE FOR SATURDAY THE 24th of April 2010:
- prepare your phone with the right software, see left column
- iPhone users can download and use the Layar app to activate the flashmob AR view
- downloadable 'human sculpture' models will be available for Android phones
- to bring your own 3D model, create obj/mtl files and put them on an Android phone
- to do so, get the AndAR application from the market (* on 23rd of April)
- AR tags on the ground will be provided
AUGMENTED REALITY FLASH MOB: BRING YOUR OWN VIRTUAL HUMAN STATUE TO THE DAM SQUARE IN AMSTERDAM!Photos:
View of the Dam square - seen through Layar augmented reality browser
#AR Flashmob in "Talk to Me" exhibition MoMA New York
Video twittered by Maarten Lens-FitzGerald
FOR MORE: augmented reality artist Sander Veenhof